Tuesday, May 17, 2011

To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Again, I have been ever so neglectful to my dear blog.

I am sitting here looking out the window and the beauty around me amazes me.  This verse has been in my thoughts here lately and I love, love it!  Though it almost Summer, it is currently 55 degrees here and windy, which makes it so cold!  I went out to walk and check the mail and had to wear a coat!  Seriously!  

How's my life you may ask?  Well, let me just tell you -- Things are great!  I was in a really depressed phased for about the last three months and now, things are much better.  I have lots of things going on and I am making some "big girl" decisions and I would greatly appreciate it, if you would keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  

Mother's Day was a couple of weekends ago and I just have to say, I am sooo Thankful for my mother!  I love her beyond measure and though sometimes, I think I take her for granted.  She has always been there for me and never had judgment on the things I do and is always encouraging me in everything I do.  I worry about her sometimes as daughters do.  I am so blessed that God sent her to me!  We are mother and daughter, but above all we are truly FRIENDS. 


I am making a roast for dinner and it smells every so good and I am starving.  Should you want the recipe, I am in a sharing mood -- So here ya go --

- One roast, cut of your liking (I prefer butt roast or shoulder)
- One bag of carrots (or fresh from the garden)
- About half a bag of Red potatoes (or fresh from the garden)
- Two bags of frozen Pearl Onions
- 1 liter Dr. Pepper
- Seasoning Salt
- Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Salt and Pepper
- Water

Directions:    I use my electric roaster and combine all ingredients.  First, put in the roast meat, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pour over the Dr. Pepper.  Next, add all vegetables (carrots, potatoes and onions).  Add 1 beef bouillon cube, per 1 cup of water you add to cover the meat and veggies. Lastly, add salt and pepper to your liking and roast for about 2 to 3 hours or until your liking.  

Hope you all are having a great day and Enjoy!  

Sincerely,

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment